Great Works are monumental projects that require one or multiple cities and players to complete. They can only be built on a region's Great Work Site(s). The locations of great works are not customizable and the completion of the structures will benefit all the cities in the region.
- Main article: Space Center
Space Center has 2 functions. It is both a tourist attraction and a place of higher education. The structure will increase not only the number of tourists but also the tech level of industrial zones in nearby cities. Level 3 tech industrial buildings will appear in connected cities even without universities.
- You can unlock Space Center by completing Space Center Great Work research project at School of Engineering of a University.
- Main article: International Airport
International Airport brings medium and high wealth tourists into the region and ships freight out of the region. The structure is relatively easy to build, when compared to other Great Works, requiring only alloy, metal and oil as materials.
- International airport is ideal for a region with cities specialized in Culture or Gambling.
- International Airport is unlocked by having 100 or more tourists arriving at a Municipal Airport in the region.
- Main article: Solar Farm
Solar Farm generates a massive amount of clean and cheap power. All cities connected to it can purchase this power at a low price. These cities will no longer require regular power plants. Solar Farm frees the region from hazards of air pollution and nuclear meltdown associated with coal, oil and nuclear power plants. Solar Farm costs only §500,000, half of the cost of other Great Works.
- You can unlock Solar Farm by completing Solar Farm Great Work research project at School of Science of a University.
- Main article: Arcology
Arcology functions as a gigantic futuristic apartment building. This structure supplies all the cities in the region with an endless supply of workers, shoppers and students. These Sims come to your city for their commercial, industrial and educational needs.
- Arcology spawns workers, shoppers an students.
- Unlocks by having a city with 58,000 or more residents.