Crime can lower a city's value and reduce the happiness of its citizens. If left unchecked, criminals can commit murders, robberies and arson. A police force is needed to patrol the streets and arrests these criminals. Police force will not only actively arrest and imprison criminals but also passively reduce crime rate.
- Casinos attract criminals. A Gambling specialized city will need a particularly large police presence.
- Cities with high rates of poverty or unemployment have higher crime rates.
- Main article: Police Station
Police Station sends out patrol cars to suppress crime and arrest criminals. Arrested criminals will be placed in the police station's jail and rehabilitated over time. Additional patrol car lots can be constructed to increase the number of patrol cars on street. Additional jail cells can be constructed to house more criminals.
- Main article: Police Precinct
Police Precinct can not only suppress crime and incarcerate criminals but also prevent crimes from occurring. Crime Prevention Center can added to prevent your residents from becoming criminals. Detective Wing can be added to arrest criminals who have eluded capture.
- Main article: Maxis Manor
- Main article: Vu Tower
French Police Station
- Main article: French Police Station
Patrol Car - arrests criminals and reduces crime level.
- It can earn money by arresting criminals in neighboring cities.
- Increases radius of police coverage
Detective Car - arrests criminals who have eluded capture.
- becomes available when a Detective Wing is added to a Police Precinct.
Crime Prevention Van - reduces crime rate.
- becomes available when a Crime Prevention Center is added to a Police Precinct.
Police Helicopter - reduces crime rate.
- becomes available when a Police Helipad is added to a Police Precinct.
- Can be volunteered for monthly bonus cash
- Does this increase coverage?