|Merge to Simcity 5 (2013) game information: little out of date, (last edit 13 March 2013), needs refreshed and refurbished. I'll be working on this to get this correct. Discuss this template or scenario.|
This article was last edited on 16 October 2017 with a merge notice, but hasn't been updated in text since 13 March 2017. Please, help this article grow!
SimCity (2013) or SimCity 5 is the upcoming city building and simulation game developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts.
- It is the 6th installment in the SimCity franchise, the first major SimCity title since the release of SimCity 4 in 2003.
SimCity was released on March 5th 2013 in United States and March 8th in Europe for the Microsoft Windows.
- SimCity.com says that they will have more information on the MAC version in the beginning of April, and other gaming websites claim that the MAC version will come out between April 1st and June 30th 2013.
SimCity will use the brand new GlassBox engine.
In previous simulation games, high-level statistics were first generated. These statics were used to create the graphical animations
- For example, traffic jams are produced dynamically by masses of agents that simulate travel to and from work, instead of simply displaying a traffic jam animation to represent a simulated traffic flow.
GlassBox engine enables visible modules or addons to a city's structures. It allows the player to tell what sort of additions the city's structures have at a glance.
- Main article: Multiplayer
Players will be able to play with their friends or strangers in private or public regions.
- Up to 16 players can play in one region.
- Main article: City Specializations
In SimCity, cities can be specialized to serve specific purposes.
Cities can not only specialize into any of the big businesses but also create their own roles in the region and the global economy.
Each city can specialize in one or more big businesses.
The player becomes not only a mayor but also a business mogul.
- Each big business has its own global leaderboard.
10 commodities are available in the game.
Each commodity can be brought and sold on the Global Market.